Certified Pool Operator Course® (CPO)
February 4, 2015
There will be a Certified Pool Operator Course® (CPO) offered in St. John’s, NL on March 3-4th, 2015. This 2-Day course, offered by the National Swimming Pool Foundation® is the most comprehensive and recognized course of its kind. Designed to reduce risks and comply with government regulations, this course teaches support staff the proper management of recreational water and the entire aquatic facility.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
· Pool and Spa Management
· Essential Calculations
· Regulations and Guidelines for the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador
· Water Testing including Disinfection, Water Balancing and Pool Contamination Remediation
· Pool and Spa Water Problems and Troubleshooting
· Filtration Systems
· Accident Prevention
· Entrapment and Related Safety Issues
· Keeping Records and Liability Management
· Operational Efficiency
The course will again take place at the Holiday in on Portugal Cove Road. Course fees are $599/pp and the deadline for registration is February 13th, 2015.
Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Greg Butler at 579-7727.
“Owners and managers should ensure that the delegated staff that are responsible for water quality control and system component maintenance have the necessary training and competency to perform these duties”.*
*NSPF Pool and Spa Operator