Recreation Management Professional Certificate Program
Recreation NL has partnered with the College of the North Atlantic to develop and offer a Recreation Management Professional Certificate Program designed for current recreation practitioners serving the recreation sector at the community level. The program is designed to improve practitioners understanding of their roles, expectations and changing environments; along with, enhance professionalism, productivity,and increasing management and supervisory expertise.
The program is created in ten modules. Each module is 1 or 2 days in length. Participants can take modules of personal interest, or attend all ten modules and receive a Continuing Education Studies Certificate in Recreation Management Professional.
The 10 modules include:
- Community Development (1 day)
- Financial Management and Due Diligence (1 day)
- Legal Liability Issues and Risk Management (1 day)
- Maintenance Management Skills and Techniques (2 days)
- Management and Supervisory Development (2 days)
- Marketing and Promotions (2 days)
- Operations Management (2 days)
- Overview of the Industry (1 day)
- Recreation and Parks Management (2 days)
- Special Events (2 days)
Please see brochure for module summaries: Recreation Management Professional Certificate Program Brochure
The modules are delivered on a rotating schedule; dates and locations are announced on an ongoing basis.