Employment Opportunity-Town of Clarenville- Sport & Recreation Coordinator
March 20, 2018
TOWN OF CLARENVILLE
SPORT & RECREATION COORDINATOR
(6-month position with possibility of extension)
JOB SUMMARY: To enhance community recreation through programming and activities which meet the needs of residents of all ages and to encourage community involvement through participation and active engagement. An important aspect of the position will be working with other volunteer and community groups to develop and foster recreation and wellness partnerships for all residents of the Town. The Sport and Recreation coordinator will be an important resource for community events, town’s ceremonies, celebrations and special events. This position will report directly to the Recreation Manager.
- Oversee the Minor Soccer & Softball Programs.
- Develops and implements recreational programs and activities designed to engage residents of all ages.
- Represents the Town at committees and/or meetings when necessary.
- Promotes existing and new programs and/or policies on recreation and sport
- Collaborates and coordinates programs with existing external organizations for community events including special events such as Clarenville Days, Winter Carnival, etc
- Partners with other community, regional and provincial sports governing bodies and other groups to represent the best interests of the Town
- Analyzes and assesses recreation program requirements, trends, to determine the needs of the community; Research and prepare reports as directed
- Prepares and updates volunteer database.
- Prepares and submits monthly program reports, budgetary information, and funding requests
- Coordinates promotional material highlighting the town’s programs and events related to sport, recreation and wellness.
- Ensure that programs and activities are advertised through various print, electronic and other means.
- Develop an annual Events Calendar
- Assists in department communications though social media, website, etc. for community events and programs
- Other related duties as required
The successful individual should have considerable knowledge and experience in the organization and delivery of recreation, sport, and wellness programs. Experience in a municipal environment is preferred. Candidates must possess initiative and demonstrate good organizational, analytical, communications and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work independently. Project Management skills including budget preparation, grant applications, reports writing is required; must be proficient in Microsoft Office software. These qualifications would normally be acquired through the completion of post-secondary education in recreation. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a recent certificate of conduct, medical certificate, and must be bondable and hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Interested & qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & cover letter before closing date Friday March 30, 2018.
Submit Application to:
Town of Clarenville
99 Pleasant Street, Clarenville, NL, A5A 1V9