March 23, 2017
Recreation Newfoundland and Labrador will launch 2017 Find Your Fit! Community Physical Activity Challenge in partnership with ParticipACTION and the 150 Play List
Media are invited to join Recreation Newfoundland and Labrador and ParticipACTION to launch the third annual Find Your Fit! Community Physical Activity Challenge and explore ParticipACTION’s 150 Play List at the Suncor Energy Fluvarium in Pippy Park tomorrow, Friday at 2:00 p.m.
ParticipACTION and Recreation Newfoundland and Labrador are teaming up once again to help Newfoundlander and Labradorians make physical activity a priority in their daily lives. The Find Your Fit! Community Physical Activity Challenge is a province-wide physical activity challenge taking place throughout April that aims to get communities motivated and moving towards healthy, active living. ParticipACTION’s 150 Play List is the ultimate list of 150 physical activities that define us as Canadian created to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday. The Find Your Fit! challenge is the perfect opportunity for Newfoundlanders and Labradorians to start checking off their 150 Play List and get moving here at home.
The event will include demonstrations of 150 Play List activities and TA Loeffler will reveal her Top 10 150 Play List activities. The following guest speakers will also be in attendance at the launch:
- Bernard Davis, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Health and Community Services, MHA for Virginia Waters-Pleasantville
- Elio Antunes, ParticipACTION President and CEO
- Mayor Doc O’Keefe, City of St. John’s
- Dr. TA Loeffler, Find YourFit! Campaign Ambassador
- Jerry Knee, Recreation NL Physical Activity Committee Chair
- Tina Auchinleck-Ryan, Recreation NL Vice President
- Stephanie O’Brien, Eat Great and Participate Registered Dietitian and Project Coordinator
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Time: 2:00 p.m.
Location: The Suncor Energy Fluvarium, Pippy Park
For more information contact:
Recreation NL Physical Activity Coordinator
ParticipACTION Media Relations