Job Opportunity-Recreation NL
November 27, 2018
Type of Position: Full-time – 35 hrs/week (1 year contract)
Description of Work
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for providing communications and marketing support for Recreation Newfoundland and Labrador programs and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and coordinate content for online newsletters, e-news and email campaigns to promote awareness about, and participation in, Recreation NL programs and activities.
- Assist with the development of the Recreation NL website, and provide ongoing content management support.
- Coordinate all media contacts and organization’s social media to create momentum for, and awareness of, Recreation NL programs and activities including creating press releases and developing social media content .
- Collect photos and/or videos taken at Recreation NL events and maintain photo/video files for ongoing use; create, edit and upload photos and videos to Recreation NL website and social media outlets.
- Track online analytics and support internal and external data reporting needs.
- Assist with the implementation of Recreation NL’s Communication Plan to enhance the overall programs/services and public image of the organization.
- Develop and implement a web-based and e-news advertising campaign.
- Assist with the development and delivery of Recreation NL’s Membership Strategy, Corporate Engagement Strategy and Sponsorship Program.
Other duties assigned by the Executive Director/Operations Manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time and tasks
- Relationship building
A degree or diploma in marketing or communications, or three + years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience in the recreation field would be an asset.
Interested & qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & cover letter on or before December 12th, 2018 to the attention of Michelle Hunt, email@example.com
Recreation NL thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.