Landscape NL – 2014 Atlantic Green Forum
September 18, 2014
Landscape NL 2014 Atlantic Green Forum & Design Charrette, “Growing A Blue-Green City: Seeking solutions for integrated watercourses with an urban landscape” November 3rd – 4th, 2014, Mount Pearl
Join Landscape Newfoundland and Labrador for our sixth annual Atlantic Green Forum taking place on November 3rd-4th, at the Mount Pearl Soccer Clubhouse.This year Landscape NL has partnered with the City of Mount Pearl to host the Design Charrette, which takes place on Monday, Nov 3rd. The City of Mount Pearl has incorporated this year’s theme and will concentrate on the Waterford River during the Design Charrette.
The Atlantic Green Forum agenda includes the following speakers:
- Bart Brusse – Sheridan Nurseries. Part of the team that created a 32 million gallon pond to catch rainwater and recapture runoff from the nursery operations.
- Gerald Crane – Director of Research and Analysis with the office of Climate Control and Energy Efficiency
- Kevin Mercer – President of RainGrid Inc. and the Managing Director of RiverSides RainBarrell Enterprise.
- Dr. Youbin Zheng – Associate Professor and Environmental Horticulture Chair at the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of Guelph.
- Ducks Unlimited Canada – The leader in wetland conservation and restoration.
The event will conclude on Tuesday with the Design Charrette results presentation.Thank you to our Sponsors – The City of Mount Pearl, the Department of Natural Resources, Sheridan Nurseries (Charrette Sponsor), and Department of Environment (Luncheon Sponsor), and HortProtect Insurance Program (Coffee Break Sponsor).Registration is open – please find the registration package attached.
We hope to see you there!
About Landscape Newfoundland & Labrador
LNL is a not for profit industry association for the landscape, horticulture and garden centre industry in the province, committed to finding long-term environmentally conscious solutions for our urban and rural landscapes. Our vision is to foster an industry that promotes inclusion and professionalism at all levels, and achieves the highest standards of excellence in delivery of services and products across all sectors of the landscape and environmental horticultural industry.
For More Information