How to Make Chalk
April 7, 2014
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup plaster of paris
- 2-3 TB washable tempera paint
- Candy molds/ice cube trays (found mine at ikea)
- Useful to have on hand:
- Disposable bowls
- Plastic spoons
- Paper towels or newspaper
- Combine warm water and plaster of paris in a small bowl. Stir with spoon until clumps are removed.
- Add paint and stir until combined.
- Once the chalk starts to get thick (like butter cream frosting) pour mixture into molds.
- Wipe around the edges of the mold with a damp paper towel to remove any excess paint.
- Allow chalk to dry for at least 24 hours before using.
- Take your chalk outside and let your kids go wild!