Defining ‘Physical Literacy’
“Physical literacy is the motivation, confidence, physical competence, knowledge and understanding to value and take responsibility for engagement in physical activities for life”
To read more about Canada’s Physical Literacy consensus statement, click here.
- Lay the Foundation for an Active Life
- The ABC’s of Physical Literacy
- Get your kids on a path to an active life
- Kids get big benefits from programs that support physical literacy
- Physical Literacy is a journey not a destination
- From housebound to adventurous: 6 ways to get out & moving with your baby
- Running: How to teach kids to sprint correctly
- Resources for developing Physical Literacy
- The Fundamentals of Physical Literacy
- Kids need active play to grow into healthy, active adults
For more information about physical activity please visit ParticipACTION.
ParticipACTION and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador are working together, with support from Recreation NL, to inspire families to make physical activity a higher priority in daily life.