Healthy Eating Policies
Is your community, facility, or organization thinking about adopting a healthy eating policy? There are clear benefits of having a policy in place:
- defines “healthy eating” – this can mean different things to different people! We want to promote healthy food and beverages found in Canada’s Food Guide;
- ensures healthy eating will continue to be promoted, even after staff/volunteer changes;
- highlights your town/organization as a leader in health and wellness!
Check out our Sample Healthy Eating Policy for inspiration. Eat Great and Participate can also work with you to tailor a policy that suits your needs.
Here’s a list of communities, facilities and organizations that have already adopted healthy eating policies!
- NL Sports Centre
- Community Youth Networks
- Girl Guides NL
- Mount Pearl Sport Alliance
- Recreation NL
- School Sports Newfoundland Labrador- Participation Nation Healthy Eating Policy
- Scouts NL
- Majority of the Provincial Sport Organizations in the province
|Baie Verte||Indian Bay|
|Campbellton||Logy Bay- Middle Cove – Outer Cove|
|Carbonear||Makkovik Recreation Department|
|Channel- Port aux Basques||Mount Pearl|
|Eastport||Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s|
|Fogo Island||Pouch Cove|
|Grand Falls – Windsor||St. Lawrence|
|Happy Valley – Goose Bay||Stephenville|