Promoting Physical Activity in Childcare and Early Learning Settings – Addressing Policy and Practices
November 24, 2014
1:00-2:30pm ET / 10:00-11:30am PT
Mark your Calendar! Register now at: www.cdpac.webex.com
This webinar provides an introduction and overview of integrating physical activity (PA) guidelines and practices in childcare and early learning settings, and will include presentations from leading physical activity experts from across Canada who discuss:
- The context and rationale for physical activity promotion in childcare and early learning settings,
- Consideration of the childcare and early learning environment in physical activity strategies,
- Supportive policy and practice solutions, and
- Training needs for childcare providers and early learning practitioners.
Presenters will answer the following:
- What does physical activity currently look like in this age group and setting?
- What could ‘better practice’ PA guidelines look like? (a discussion of the Healthy Beginnings for Pre-Schoolers age 2-5 guidelines and the cross-jurisdiction scan that underpinned them)
- Beyond policies/guidelines what are the training needs for early childhood educators if we expect them to implement physical activities?
- Brian Timmons, PhD
- Patti-Jean Naylor, PhD
- Vanessa Morley, MSc
- Patricia Tucker, PhD