Technical Director Gymnastics Newfoundland and Labrador – Temporary to March 4, 2019
April 12, 2018
Expression of Interest
Temporary to March 4, 2019
GYMNASTICS NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
Reporting to the Executive Director of Gymnastics Newfoundland and Labrador, the Technical Director is responsible for the overall technical operations and leadership of the association and working with the Executive Director to oversee the programs of each gymnastic discipline.
This position includes but is not limited to, the following specific responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee the long term grassroots & technical planning for GNL
- Lead and oversee the development of an integrated system for gymnastics in NL
- Lead and oversee the implementation of the gymnastics Long Term Athlete Development
- Lead and oversee the development of each gymnastics discipline in the province
- Lead and oversee the development of coaches and judges in the province
- Lead and oversee logistics associated with the planning of GNL competitions (Provincials, Atlantics, Eastern’s)
- Ensure the harmonization of technical rules, regulations, policies & procedures
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and expertise:
- University degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- The ability to evaluate, plan and oversee sport development systems
- Skilled in program design implementation and management
- Proven excellent leadership, organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong consultative, facilitation and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people successfully to achieve desired goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to travel and work variable hours at times throughout the year
- NCCP Level II certification and 5 years of gymnastics-related experience
- GNL will also consider other combinations of education, certification and experience.
Deadline for applications is Monday, May 14, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume with cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications to Carol White with the Subject line: Technical Director by 12:00 p.m. on Monday, May 14, 2018.
For additional information on this position, please contact Carol White or email firstname.lastname@example.org.