Town of Holyrood Employment Opportunity – Program and Events Coordinator
March 12, 2015
Department of Recreation and Community Events
Position: Program and Events Coordinator
Term: 16 Weeks – May 4- August 28, 2015
Application Due Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2015
- – Program and Events Coordinator will report to the Director of Recreation and Community Events.
- – Planning of Summer Camp A’hoy and Staff Training.
- – Implantation of policy and procedure in regards to Camp A’hoy and Holy Cross Swim Park.
- – Spot supervision of Camp A’hoy and Holy Cross Swim Park.
- – Community Event/Program Planning.
- – Incumbent will have the opportunity to help with SquidFest 27.
- – Successful candidate will be required to meet weekly with staff and do weekly evaluations.
- – Marketing and promotion of all summer activities and programs.
- – Complete an end of year report and evaluation of all programs, events, and facilities.
- – Any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences
- – Must be graduated from or involved with a Post-Secondary institution. Community Recreation would be an asset.
- – Planning, organizing and effective communication skills.
- – Experience in working in a supervisory role.
- – Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- – Confident with Microsoft Office, WordPress, and all social media sites.
- – Experience in working/volunteering for community programs and events.
- – Recreation background and experience would be an asset.
- – Will require use of own vehicle throughout position.
- – Must be graduated or involved in Post-Secondary role, certified in first aid, and a completed
RCMP/RNC Code of Conduct.