Town of Holyrood Summer Employment Positions
April 11, 2018
The Town of Holyrood is currently looking for hard-working, energetic, outgoing and responsible staff to join their 2018 Summer Team. Please see the Recreation Coordinator position listed below:
Recreation Coordinator (Full-Time Temporary)
Term of Employment: April 30 – August 24
Wage: $15.00/hour 35 hours per week
- Recreation Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Recreation and Community Events.
- Planning of Summer Recreation Program and Staff Training.
- Spot supervision of Summer Day Camp and Holy Cross Park.
- Community Event/Program Planning.
- Incumbent will have the opportunity to help with the Annual Squid Festival.
- Successful candidate will be required to make weekly committee meetings.
- Will gain experience in capital recreation planning
- Incumbent will gain experience in marketing events
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Must be currently enrolled in or completed a post-secondary recreation (or equivalent) program.
- Planning, organizing and effective communication skills.
- Experience in working in a Supervisory Roll.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Confident with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in working/volunteering for community programs and events.
- Recreation background would be an asset.
- Will require use of own vehicle throughout position
- Must be graduated or involved in Post Secondary role, certified in first aid, and a completed RCMP/RNC Code of Conduct.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Steve.Martin@Holyrood.ca no later than Wednesday, April 18.