Volunteer Recreation Leader Training Program
The Volunteer Recreation Leader Training Program is designed for volunteer recreation leaders serving in the recreation sector at the community level. It is a continued education program that is a one-stop professional, cost-effective, training opportunity.
The program is designed to:
- Improve recreation leader’s understanding of their roles, expectations and changing environments.
- Enhance the professionalism and productivity, with other volunteer members of the public, the media and key stakeholders; and
- Measurably and sustainably increase volunteer leadership techniques and skills.
- Special Events
- Coordinating Volunteers
- Long and Short Term Planning
- Grant Proposal Writing
- Inclusion – You Can Play Too!
- Playground Planning for Volunteers
Upon successful completion of six modules (four core and two electives), participants will receive a Volunteer Recreation Leader Training Program Certificate of Completion.
Knowing cost can be a barrier for some recreation providers, Recreation NL does its best to keep fee as low as possible.
Recreation NL Member $40.00
Each module includes a resource manual.