March 14, 2018
Walking Resources (1-pagers)
- Walk Your Way to Better Health
- What to Know About Walking
- Walking Brings Benefits
- Increase Intensity, Increase Benefits
- Count Your Steps
- This 8-week walking program is perfect for beginners who are new to physical activity. Aim to walk at a pace that makes you breathe and sweat harder for the durations listed.
- This 8-week walking program is perfect if you’re planning to walk 10km at a local charity or fundraising event. Aim to walk at a pace that makes you breathe and sweat harder for the duration and distances listed (aim for a pace of 10-15 minutes per kilometre).
- Challenging yourself to a 5 kilometre run is a great introductory goal. This 6-week plan will help any beginner get used to running regularly. The duration of each run is flexible and may change based on your personal speed. Aim for 3-4 runs each week, and make sure to meet your goal distance and watch where your feet will take you.
Check out our Pedometer Loan Program and request a kit for your next community walking challenge, event or program!
For more information about physical activity please visit ParticipACTION.
ParticipACTION and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador are working together, with support from Recreation NL, to inspire families to make physical activity a higher priority in daily life.