Certified Pool Operators Course (CPO)
CPO course certification:
- Two days of instruction followed by an exam.
- Basic calculations to determine volume, surface area, flow rate, turnover, etc.
- Understanding filtration and circulation.
- Water chemistry: water balancing (pH, total alkalinity, hardness, TDS)
- Langelier Saturation Index.
- How chlorine and bromine work (water disinfection).
- Water analysis and result interpretation.
- What to do in case of vomit or fecal accident.
- Overview of pool equipment and accessories.
- Legislative requirements.
Jean-Pierre Lajoie has close to 30 years of experience in the aquatics industry. He is a swimming pool operations' instructor and consultant for municipalities, school boards, hotels, hospitals, universities and engineers. He has taught the Certified Pool Operator (CPO) course of the National Swimming Pool Foundation for more than 20 years in all parts of Canada and in some states of the United-States of America. He is also invited often as a speaker in different conferences.
The National Swimming Pool Foundation (NSPF) and its certified CPO course are renowned worldwide. The CPO course is now offered in French as well as English and Spanish. The NSPF's reputation is incomparable. You can visit their website at www.nspf.org.
WHO: Every pool should have at least one Certified Pool Operator.
The CPO course is designed for lifeguards, facility managers, pool operators, service companies, retailers etc.
WHEN: March 6th and 7th
WHERE : St. John’s
Click Here to View the 2013 CPO Flyer and Registration Form
Registration is also available online: http://tiny.cc/xuygpw