Employment Opportunity- Notre Dame Figure Skating Club – Head Coach
June 11, 2018
NDFSC is currently looking for a qualified Skate Canada Coach for our CanSkate and StarSkate programs for the 2018-2019 season. Opportunities are available for 13 hours/week. Minimum Primary StarSkate Certification required, Current First-Aid certification and a Registered Skate Canada Coaching member in good standing Skating.
Job Description, roles and responsibilities:
As club coach, professional services during the skating season typically run from Sept to mid-April. This would include:
- Coaching on can skate, star 1, star 2 and star3+ times ~ 13 hours a week
- Mentoring /supervising other coaches on staff assisting on the star 1 and can skate session.
- Providing weekly off ice training for skaters in star 2 and higher
- Provide technical training in group settings and private coaching sessions for star 2 and up skaters
- Attend competitions, facilitate 1-2 test days, plan ice show, and execute ice show.When coaching development opportunities arise in our section, we would support attendance.
- Administrationhours: planning coaching sessions, preping skater goals, groupings, organizing choreography, parent communications, ice show, executive meetings, any Christmas shows etc
- Meeting with executive to insure programs are running smoothly
Salary is competitive based on experience/training.
Please forward your resume to PO Box 899, Lewisporte, NL, A0G 3A0 or to email@example.com. For further questions, you may also contact us at 709-541-6311.