July 13, 2021
Type of Position: Full-time – Maternity Leave Replacement (1 year contractual position)
This position is designed to assist with overall planning, organization and delivery of the programs and services of the Association. The position’s primary responsibility will be in the area of recreation and sport for persons with a disability. Serving as the coordinator for the Recreation and Sport for Persons with a Disability Initiative, the Recreation Specialist will provide operational support to the Steering Committee. This position will also advance inclusive recreation and provide support to the Inclusive Advisory Committee. This position will require close coordination with the Executive Director in the development and delivery of programs and services, with emphasis on inclusive recreation and sport services and other special projects.
Coordinate the Recreation and Sport for Persons with a Disability Initiative
– Provides operational support to the Steering Committee
– Completes the actions related to an approved work plan
– Reports on project progress
– Prepares quarterly budget statements and quarterly reports for the Steering Committee
– Work plan accountability to the Steering Committee
Coordinate Inclusive Recreation Services
– Provide support to the Recreation Inclusion Advisory Committee
– Develop and deliver inclusive recreation training
– Coordinate the Inclusive Recreation Grants Program
Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Degree/diploma in recreation, therapeutic recreation or related field. Equivalencies will be considered.
Experience working in the area of inclusive recreation and sport is a definite asset.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Megan Cummings, Recreation NL, email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 23, 2021.
Recreation NL thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.